2013-12-01

Projection settings & triangle.

Originally Posted By: DavidHsu
Hi profsesor,

By increasing/decreasing field of view did you mean horizontal FoV, vertical FoV, or both? Because people say that the FoV is often meant to mean the horizontal FoV only.

Also, for for "near" setting, let's say my z distance from the nearest tree is 10 units. then by z/2 you mean that the "near" setting must always be 10/2 = 5 no matter where you move the camera?

For the Gratiuitous Triangle did you want it to be animated while rotating or can it rotate instantly?

If anyone is interested in a visual learning tool for projection settings I recommend downloading a simulator from http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_transform.html#example2. It taught me about near/far and also helped me with the home work
'''Originally Posted By: DavidHsu''' Hi profsesor,<br><br>By increasing/decreasing field of view did you mean horizontal FoV, vertical FoV, or both? Because people say that the FoV is often meant to mean the horizontal FoV only.<br><br>Also, for for &quot;near&quot; setting, let's say my z distance from the nearest tree is 10 units. then by z/2 you mean that the &quot;near&quot; setting must always be 10/2 = 5 no matter where you move the camera?<br><br>For the Gratiuitous Triangle did you want it to be animated while rotating or can it rotate instantly?<br><br><br>If anyone is interested in a visual learning tool for projection settings I recommend downloading a simulator from http://www.songho.ca/opengl/gl_transform.html#example2. It taught me about near/far and also helped me with the home work
2013-12-02

-- Projection settings & triangle
  • By increasing/decreasing field of view did you mean horizontal FoV, vertical FoV, or both? Because people say that the FoV is often meant to mean the horizontal FoV only.
    Horizontal only.

*Also, for for "near" setting, let's say my z distance from the nearest tree is 10 units. then by z/2 you mean that the "near" setting must always be 10/2 = 5 no matter where you move the camera?
    Yes.

*For the Gratiuitous Triangle did you want it to be animated while rotating or can it rotate instantly?
    Instantly.
*By increasing/decreasing field of view did you mean horizontal FoV, vertical FoV, or both? Because people say that the FoV is often meant to mean the horizontal FoV only.<br>Horizontal only.<br><br>*Also, for for &quot;near&quot; setting, let's say my z distance from the nearest tree is 10 units. then by z/2 you mean that the &quot;near&quot; setting must always be 10/2 = 5 no matter where you move the camera?<br>Yes.<br><br>*For the Gratiuitous Triangle did you want it to be animated while rotating or can it rotate instantly?<br>Instantly.
X