2014-05-13

Practice Final #9 Section 5.

Originally Posted By: LvL.100_Donut_Sorter
2014-05-13 21.14.14.jpg

Start left to right, then top to bottom for the trees.
Note: The arrows denote the travel, step by step. Though, for part2, i do 3 steps and then summarize the rest of them with the arrow.

1. Start at the leftmost vertex. All nodes are initially empty(white) besides the initial one. They become black after you visit them.
2. Move to the lesser numbers when faced with a choice. So here, I first move to the "1" edges,
and then finish the inner square first in a counter-clockwise direction.
3. Then, after I finish the inner square, I move back to the beginning to check for missed nodes.
4. I move to the inner square and, one by one, I see that the outer edges are all unvisited.
5. And so, in part 2 (outer nodes) i revisit them in a counter-clockwise pattern.

Group Members:
Prasamsha Pradhan
Olin Wong
Johan Hestenes
'''Originally Posted By: LvL.100_Donut_Sorter''' 2014-05-13 21.14.14.jpg<br><br>Start left to right, then top to bottom for the trees.<br>Note: The arrows denote the travel, step by step. Though, for part2, i do 3 steps and then summarize the rest of them with the arrow.<br><br>1. Start at the leftmost vertex. All nodes are initially empty(white) besides the initial one. They become black after you visit them.<br>2. Move to the lesser numbers when faced with a choice. So here, I first move to the &quot;1&quot; edges, <br>and then finish the inner square first in a counter-clockwise direction.<br>3. Then, after I finish the inner square, I move back to the beginning to check for missed nodes.<br>4. I move to the inner square and, one by one, I see that the outer edges are all unvisited.<br>5. And so, in part 2 (outer nodes) i revisit them in a counter-clockwise pattern.<br><br>Group Members:<br>Prasamsha Pradhan<br>Olin Wong<br>Johan Hestenes
2014-05-19

-- Practice Final #9 Section 5
Originally Posted By: dburke
I realize this is late but I don't think this is correct for problem 9

My understanding of Prim's algorithm is that it wouldn't go through the upper left node of the inner square and trace over itself. Instead once it gets to upper right node of the inner square it would connect to the periphery nodes and connect to the periphery nodes of the lower right node of the inner square and then the periphery nodes of the lower left node of the inner square, essentially going back clockwise.

However, you final picture does look correct with no connection between the upper left and upper right inner square nodes.
'''Originally Posted By: dburke''' I realize this is late but I don't think this is correct for problem 9<br><br>My understanding of Prim's algorithm is that it wouldn't go through the upper left node of the inner square and trace over itself. Instead once it gets to upper right node of the inner square it would connect to the periphery nodes and connect to the periphery nodes of the lower right node of the inner square and then the periphery nodes of the lower left node of the inner square, essentially going back clockwise.<br><br>However, you final picture does look correct with no connection between the upper left and upper right inner square nodes.
X