2013-05-10

Extra Cred.

Originally Posted By: ezekiel2
Can anyone reiterate what was said for the extra credit?
I wrote it on my notes but need to clarify:

1 page report
using similiartiy frequency count of some words.....
using this article

http://arxiv.org/pdf/cs/0412098.pdf

Tnx d(^ ^)
'''Originally Posted By: ezekiel2''' Can anyone reiterate what was said for the extra credit?<br>I wrote it on my notes but need to clarify:<br><br>1 page report<br>using similiartiy frequency count of some words.....<br>using this article<br><br>http://arxiv.org/pdf/cs/0412098.pdf<br><br><br>Tnx d(^ ^)

-- Extra Cred
(1) Report should be handwritten and it should be clear from the report that you understood something out of it.
(2) Three example word similarity tests using their metric and Google. The examples should be for words not
in the paper.
(3) An example of attempting to carry out there method for word translation between two languages.
(1) Report should be handwritten and it should be clear from the report that you understood something out of it.<br>(2) Three example word similarity tests using their metric and Google. The examples should be for words not<br>in the paper.<br>(3) An example of attempting to carry out there method for word translation between two languages.
2013-05-19

-- Extra Cred
Originally Posted By: nicseto
When will we know whether we received the 5 points? Have people already seen it added onto their grades?
'''Originally Posted By: nicseto''' When will we know whether we received the 5 points? Have people already seen it added onto their grades?

-- Extra Cred
I just recorded it now. It shows up as +5ExtraCred after your HW4.

Best,
Chris
I just recorded it now. It shows up as +5ExtraCred after your HW4.<br><br>Best,<br>Chris
2013-05-20

-- Extra Cred
Originally Posted By: peterle
Will that be adjusted if our HW4 was the one we dropped? Or is that just there to be added on after the final?
'''Originally Posted By: peterle''' Will that be adjusted if our HW4 was the one we dropped? Or is that just there to be added on after the final?

-- Extra Cred
The extra credit will be added after the final. It is independent of HW4.
The extra credit will be added after the final. It is independent of HW4.
X