2011-11-08

Guest Speaker.

Hey Everyone,

Hope the test went well Monday. I am currently still in Germany checking e-mail very occasionally. Below
is the abstract to our guest speaker's, Eric Miles', talk for next Wednesday, Oct. 16. If you know anyone else who would be interested
please ask them to come.

Best,
Chris

Pseudorandomness, Cryptography, and P vs. NP
Pseudorandomness is the study of objects that "appear random" but that are constructed using little or no randomness at all. In this talk I will explain how this idea is formalized, and highlight some applications of pseudorandom generators (PRGs), a particular type of pseudorandom object. Specifically, I will discuss how PRGs are used in cryptography, as well as the implications that PRGs have for resolving the P vs. NP question. Along the way I will mention some of my past and ongoing research in this area.
Hey Everyone,<br><br>Hope the test went well Monday. I am currently still in Germany checking e-mail very occasionally. Below<br>is the abstract to our guest speaker's, Eric Miles', talk for next Wednesday, Oct. 16. If you know anyone else who would be interested<br>please ask them to come.<br><br>Best,<br>Chris<br><br><br>Pseudorandomness, Cryptography, and P vs. NP<br>Pseudorandomness is the study of objects that &quot;appear random&quot; but that are constructed using little or no randomness at all. In this talk I will explain how this idea is formalized, and highlight some applications of pseudorandom generators (PRGs), a particular type of pseudorandom object. Specifically, I will discuss how PRGs are used in cryptography, as well as the implications that PRGs have for resolving the P vs. NP question. Along the way I will mention some of my past and ongoing research in this area.
X